This was finally the week for our hardwood floors to be refinished, so the kids and I spent the week at my parents' house while Ted commuted back and forth to work. It was one of my worst morning sickness weeks, so I spent most of the time on the couch. Thankfully, my mom was there the first two days to hang out with the kids and let me rest. We enjoyed a visit one day from a high school friend I haven't seen in a while one of the mornings my mom was gone, but the rest of the time, the kids pretty much ran the show. My brother came home from work one day to find toys, books, and food crumbs in a trail from the kitchen to the living room. "What in the world happened here?" he said and all I could do was laugh, because I had no energy to move off the couch all day. Thankfully, my brother made a game out of cleaning up with the kids and then satisfied them with a yummy dinner. (Thanks Dan!)
***
March 18-24
Ted spent Sunday morning and afternoon finishing up re-painting the bedrooms and living room and by the evening we were all glad to come back to our home sweet home. I almost cried when I saw how beautiful the floors were when we walked into the house that first time. Of course, now we had to begin the huge task of moving everything back into the rooms. We decided to reevaluate every piece of furniture and clutter we had packed away in the basement - only the things that were really necessary and would fit well in the rooms were going back in. I spent the rest of the week sorting and getting rid of "stuff" and it felt so freeing to have less "stuff" to crowd our lives.
***
March 25-31
I felt a little better this week, so the kids and I enjoyed some outdoor fun and, in the evenings, they "helped" daddy finish up house projects. I did a little bit of actual cooking this week and it felt good to be back in the kitchen, cooking delicious, healthy meals for my family. It's still so hard to believe that we will be a family of FIVE before long!













No comments:
Post a Comment