The week started out with good, solid preaching from one of our favorite evangelists, Mike Manor. Sunday night, Ted watched the kids while I enjoyed ladies' night which included dinner, fellowship, and music followed by Mike sharing his testimony. On Monday night, we switched off and Ted was blessed by the preaching and fellowship of men's night. It was good for both of us to have the time to refresh and refocus.
My mom joined me this week, taking an entire day out of her busy schedule to help me deep clean the house. And, by deep clean I mean pulling out the stove and refrigerator to sweep and scrub the floors behind them, wiping down the inside and outside of all the windows, vacuuming every nook and cranny, polishing the kitchen cabinets, and getting on our hands and knees to scrub and scrub all the floors. She came prepared with all her cleaning supplies including some Clorox wipes and rubber gloves for the kids to join in on the cleaning "fun". It's so fun to see their helpful spirits and how proud they are when they accomplish little tasks.
The week ended with our first ER visit for stitches. The kids and I visited my grandparents for the day while my aunt and uncle from Chicago were in town. They were having a blast running around the house with "great poppy" until miss V ran smack into the corner of the wall, leaving a large enough gash in her forehead that required three stitches. It was quite the day, but she was so brave, not even crying when they gave her a shot to numb the wound before stitching it up!
***
This week began with a fun mom's night out with some sweet new friends God has blessed me with through MOPS this year. Amazingly, every one from our "table" was able to join us and we enjoyed an evening of sweet fellowship and laughter. The kids have loved going to "mots" every other Friday and talk for days afterwards about the "puttets" and "friends" and "light-light" games they play with the high school students who bless us with their ministry in the nursery. We are already anxious for next year's MOPS meetings to resume!
Ted and I were busy this week preparing our home for sale, finishing up last minute projects, cleaning out the garage, and tidying up the day to day mess before signing papers with our real estate agent. It has been a long process since January of decluttering, house projects, and deep cleaning the house from top to bottom. We are anxious to see where God would lead our growing family.
***
May 13 - 19
This year, I spent mother's day enjoying a day "off" from parenting. Ted spent the day in full on daddy mode while I joined my brothers, sisters, and cousins for a cousin's day at the ballpark. We enjoyed beautiful weather for tailgating and an exciting Brewers vs. Cubs game at Miller Park. Last year was our first year planning this outing and it has become a yearly tradition that we all look forward to.
Our house officially went up for sale this week. I've grown to love this little house we call home, but we are quickly outgrowing its walls. With only two bedrooms and a third little one on the way, we finally decide to go for it and pray that God would direct the right owners to our house and help us find the right house to move our growing family into.
I also finally felt well enough for some walking outings with the kids. Pregnancy is rough for me and each consecutive pregnancy gets harder, but I remind myself often that it is worth it and that the moment this little one is in my arms I will forget about all the hard days. It felt so good to get out, exercise, and enjoy some fresh sunshine. And, of course, the kids loved going to the park and burning off some of their boundless amounts of energy.
We also said goodbye to good friends as they embark on a new adventure. We know where they are moving is exactly where God wants them, but, oh, do we miss them! I don't think I could even put into words the impact of their friendship and fellowship has meant to Ted and I as well as to our little ones.
***
May 20 - 26
This week we had the joy and privilege of "meeting" our third little blessing via ultrasound. We took big brother and big sister along for the fun and the look on their faces when the baby popped up on the screen was priceless. Almanzo kept saying, "Baby in the water?" and Valerie just stared in awe. She couldn't stop talking for the rest of the week about how she got to see the baby on the "puter" and listen to the little pitter patter of his heartbeat. Yes, this little one is a BOY and we couldn't be more excited to be welcoming another little boy into our home in October.
It really is amazing how fast our little ones are growing. The conversations we have with them are more in depth and always keep us on our toes. After catching Valerie hiding in our bedroom after being told numerous times that it was off limits, I asked her if she was supposed to be in there. Her response? "No, I was in my castle!"

































No comments:
Post a Comment