Monday, October 29, 2012

Two Weeks Old

2 Weeks #1 2 Weeks #2 2 Weeks #3 2 Weeks #4

Our littlest peanut is two weeks old...and growing like crazy.  We took him to my mom's office on Saturday morning and he is already up almost a pound from his birth weight - 8 lbs, 2 oz!   He just loves momma's milk.

He continues to charm us all with his sweet little noises and every itty-bitty, perfectly-made piece of him.  Valerie loves to mimic his facial expressions.  "Look, mommy, he make this face!" and then she giggles and giggles.  Every time he loudly fills his diaper, both Valerie and Almanzo dissolve in wild laughter.  It is quite funny to hear such a loud noise come out of someone so tiny!

Yesterday, I realized he is almost too big for his newborn sleepers already, because he has such long legs.   I'm going to have to pull out the 0-3 month sleepers today - crazy!   I know it's cliche, but they really do grow way too fast.

He is really such a sweet baby, only crying when he's hungry or for a little while at night when he gets a bit fussy.  He's really a good sleeper already too, so that night time fussiness is simply because he wants to stock up on momma's milk for a long sleep.  Last night he slept for a five hour stretch and then a four hour stretch, only waking up once all night! 

He is such a little cuddle bug.  He loves to be rocked to sleep and always wants to be held.  Of course, with four other people loving on him, he's rarely set down anyways.  We are loving our Maya Wrap ring sling and Moby Wrap too, because he loves to be snuggled up with momma.

Last week was a little rough for me as I'm getting used to having three kids to take care of all day.  There were moments where all three were crying and mommy was in tears too, but we just took it one day at a time and hopefully this week will be a little bit easier.  It's an adjustment for sure, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  I feel so blessed to have three beautiful and healthy children to love on every day. 

2 comments:

  1. You are truly blessed with three wonderful little children! And your new little peanut is so adorable!!!! I am so happy for you Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! I love hearing just how well big sis and big bro are adjusting to that sweet baby being around! Sounds like the truly enjoy him. I hate that you had a a difficult week last week but so glad that things have been getting better. It was a rather huge adjustment when I started watching little ones in our home and now that baby girl is due any day now, I can only imagine how much more difficult it will be at first!

    The pictures of him are so super sweet! He looks like a little doll baby!

    ReplyDelete