Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Project Life 2012: Week 39 - 42

September 23 - 29

37 1/2 week baby bump


the birthday trio


I love this girl


cuddles with my big boy


 tickle war with daddy


pretty miss Matia


the frosting queens


my favorite niece


 homemade beef stew and gluten free dinner rolls


my dad's new "toy" - a riding lawn mower and snow blower


38 week baby bump


Despite contractions off and on this weekend, our littlest peanut is still comfy-cozy in mommy's womb.  We're in the home stretch now, so we're trying to take it easy and enjoy these last few days or weeks before baby arrives.  Our fun this week included another visit with my cousin, Sparrow, and her sweet little Matia while celebrating birthdays and watching the Packer game.  My cousin, Alyssa, our Almanzo, and my mom have birthdays right around the same time, so we did a joint birthday party.  I made a big pot of beef stew and Sparrow helped me make some gluten free dinner rolls and cupcakes.  My aunt Michelle made a yummy cake as well.  Almanzo was having so much fun playing with aunt Michelle.  He kept running up to her and giggling with glee as she lifted him up into the air. 

***

September 30 - October 6



  39 Week Baby Bump


 THREE car seats!



behind the scenes of Almanzo's birthday photo shoot



 we treated the kids to their first Starbucks (salted caramel hot chocolate) on a family outing this weekend


Our littlest peanut is keeping us guessing.  After going into false labor and making two trips to labor and delivery, we are all ready for him to be here in our arms.  Even the kids are anxious to meet their little brother.  Valerie says, "Mommy, I think baby Ollie is ready to pop!...and he really, really needs to!"  I did take advantage of the time to do some last minute preparations like cleaning and installing the infant car seat in the van.  It's strange and exciting to see three car seats in our van. 

***

October 7 - October 13

one morning I found the kids in bed together reading stories - so sweet!
 

guess who turned THREE?!?


40 week baby bump


our littlest peanut


As of my 39 week appointment, I was 3 cm dilated and the plan was to schedule an induction on the 15th if baby wasn't here by my appointment on the 12th.  My official due date was the 11th...and baby finally decided to make his arrival on the 12th.  You can read the rest of the story here and here.  We are so in love with him and so blessed to have him here safe and healthy. 

***

October 14 - October 20

milk drunk babe


wiggle worm


one week old


pigtails for my sweet pea


cow girl boots for a bike ride with daddy?  of course!



babywearing at the grocery store


I can't even describe the feeling of bringing home our healthy baby boy just two days after his arrival.  He is truly an answer to prayer.  This week was all about getting to know our littlest peanut.  Valerie and Almanzo are fascinated with him.  Wednesday night we ventured out as a family of five to Awana.  It was so fun to introduce our church family to our sweet Ollie.  Friday morning I felt well enough (or maybe crazy enough?!) to take all three kids grocery shopping.  Our local grocery store has a Tot Spot where the kids could play while I shopped and they love going there.  While they played, I put Ollie in the ring sling and enjoyed a peaceful shopping excursion while he slept happily cuddled up close.  We were all ready for nap when we got home, but it felt good to get out of the house for a little while. 


No comments:

Post a Comment